- Revenues totalled SEK 9,438 million (SEK 8,035 m)
- The operating profit totalled SEK 478 million (SEK -59 m)
- The operating profit, excluding the revaluation of process inventory, totalled SEK 374 million (SEK 370 m)
- Free cash flow totalled SEK 920 million (SEK -1,477 m)
- Earnings per share totalled SEK 1.08 (SEK -0.37)
Stable production and strong cash flow
- High and stable mined production levels. Production record at Aitik. Production began at the new Garpenberg concentrator.
- Improvements in metal prices and terms had a positive impact on the profit.
- The free cash flow of SEK 920 million resulted from lower levels of tied-up working capital and lower investments.
- SEK -120 million (SEK -305 million) in costs in connection with planned maintenance shutdowns in Business Area Smelters were charged to the profit.
- An agreement to acquire a copper mine and exploration rights in Finland was entered into in early July.
Please find enclosed the full report.
The Interim Report will be presented in Stockholm and via a webcast/conference call on Friday, 18 July at 15:00 (CET). Information is available at www.boliden.com.
Contact persons for information:
Lennart Evrell, President & CEO Tel: +46 8 610 15 00
Mikael Staffas, CFO Tel: +46 8 610 15 00
Sophie Arnius, Director Investor Relations Tel: +46 8 610 15 23
+46 70 590 8072
The information provided comprises information that Boliden is obliged to present, pursuant to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was released for publication on 18 July 2014 at 12.00 (CET).